KMU Home

Kanazawa Medical University  Center for International Exchange

Life at KMU

Guidebook for International Researchers and Students

This guidebook provides information about administrative procedures and other useful information for international researchers and students who plan on temporarily staying in Kanazawa Medical University.
If you have questions, please contact the CIE office.

Download the guidebook (PDF file) Japanese / English  (As of January 2017)


Scholarships from KMU, Japanese government and other organizations

Certificate of Eligibility and status of residence
Extension of stay, change of residence status, permit for part-time employment, re-entry permit, other notifications, inviting family members to Japan

Permit for advanced clinical training for foreign medical practitioners

Procedure at municipal office and bank

Notification of moving-in/out, or change of address, national health insurance, national pension plan, bank account information

Housing and Driving
Housing for a single person, housing for family, driving a car/motorcycle & parking on campus

Useful websites

Government Offices
 Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
 Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)  
 Immigration Bureau 
 Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
 Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
 Local Authorities
Ishikawa Prefecture
Kanazawa City
 Uchinada Town
 Ishikawa Foundation for International Exchange (IFIE)
 Ishikawa Prefectural Police
 Japan-China Friendship Association
 Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation
 Event Information
 Ishikawa Prefecture Tourism Guide
 Kanazawa Tourist Information Guide 
Switch Uchinada Japanese Class
  Take the opportunity to study the Japanese language at low cost.
  Place: Uchinada Cultural Hall 
  Date & Time: Every Saturday, 13:00-14:10, 14:10-15:40
  Visit their website